Goaltide Daily News 2020
Reforming the UN: The Statesman
Syllabus Reference: GS-II
- India and its neighbourhood- relations. Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
We have seen this topic so often in news. What makes this topic important is- its being taken-up by our Prime Minister in various platforms. So, we will cover the topic in detail. The article introduces the Security Council and its mandate. In the next step, it discusses how the organs of UN are losing their credibility and efficacy. The author also highlights why the multilateral for a become important in the changing world. Read the article without fail.
India’s health budget fourth lowest in world: Oxfam: Times of India
School closure may cost India dear: The Hindu
Syllabus reference: GS-II
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
The pandemic has hit hard every sector of the economies and education is no exception to it. A recent report details how the pandemic and the lockdowns can affect the education sector in different countries. Article has special emphasis on South-Asia and more particularly India. Read the article carefully, there are issues that have arose or are likely to arise in the future. Figure-out what needs to be done and note down.
Nitrous oxide human emissions increased 30% in 36 yrs: Report: Down to Earth
Syllabus Reference: GS-III
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
A small article about nitrous gas pollution. It explains a recent report about the global nitrous oxide emissions. The data can be quoted directly in your answers. There are two organisations mentioned in the article, do read about them as well.
12 October Practice Questions:
- What are the various reasons for the negative growth in latest GDP?
- What is the significance of Representation of People Act, 1951? Explain.
- Introduce all three Bills which were recently passed in parliament. Why farmers are protesting? What are government arguments against this protest?